RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
It is important if not critical for Employers to have an in-depth understanding of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) impacts their company. Managing the peculiarities of the processing of FMLA form is an uphill task. And the escalating number of audits by the Department of Labor (DOL) also shoots up the investigation cost. In addition, statistics shows that over 61% of Employers have difficulty managing FMLA leave and intermittent leave.
Imagine adding up with the complexities of other new mandatory regulations, such as leave/paid regulation, reasonable accommodations, and the possibility of FMLA overlapping with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Drug-Free Workplace, Legalized Marijuana, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs, retaliation claims and their interaction with the FMLA.
- Learn what regulatory agencies enforce FMLA processing and how you can protect yourself from being a target
- Learn how preparing your managers with compliance training can reduce your risk for high penalties as a good faith effort from FMLA violations
- Learn how FMLA overlaps with legalized marijuana when it comes to a drug-free workplace regulation
- Learn how employers can mitigate all the regulations that impact FMLA regulations
- Learn how the ADA can help employers with FMLA regulations
- Learn how to mitigate the new Paid Leave Regulations in state specific locations
- How does Reasonable Accommodation need to be addressed in FMLA decisions?
- Learn why employers are at risk for FMLA allegations even when employees don’t ask for FMLA
- Learn how you can create a strategy that works when FMLA users abuse the process
- Yes, employers can terminate employees who have performance issues who are on FMLA Leave as long as they follow certain steps
- Access forms necessary to process FMLA as required
- What does the DOL hope to change with the FMLA changes
- Does Reasonable Accommodation have an Impact on FMLA retaliation
- Learn what tools can be used to streamline a difficult process and make it work for you
- Learn when using a third party administrators (TPA) is the best method of processing FMLA
- Learn what actions are prohibited by the FMLA
- Learn why employers should ensure they pay health benefit premiums during FMLA even if the employee stops paying
- Learn how to manage intermittent leave during FMLA
Who Should Attend:
- Employers of companies with 50 employees or more (or will be over 50 this year)
- Human Resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Margie Faulk is a senior level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.