RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Dec of 2017 The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was passed and it was one of the most significant tax changes in sometime.
This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the form W-4 for 2018 and to review the recently released draft on June 8th of the 2019 W-4 Form.
Before changes the Form W-4 was a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees and has had special processing requirements.
A review of the IRS specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed. 2020 and 2021 has continued to bring changes that this webinar will review.
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4.
- How to handle a tax protestor?
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4?
- Proper processing and maintenance of a IRS lock in letter.
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk.
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer.
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for both Form W-4.
- Discussion on what make the Form W-4 invalid.
- Lock in letters from the IRS and how to handle them.
- What are the changes to personal exemptions from tax reform and how it will impact the Form W-4?
Why You Should Attend:
- W-4 Requirements.
- Electronic W-4’s.
- Completing the Form W-4.
- Invalid Form W-4.
- Exempt W-4 Processing
- W-4P & W-4S Forms.
- Other W-4 guidance.
- Lock in letters.
- Substitute W-4.
- Non-Resident Alien W-4 Processing.
- 2021 Changes and updates.
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners
- Senior Managers
- All managers
- R. Professionals at all levels
- In—House Counsel
- Leave Administrators
- Benefits Administrators
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E- Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. She has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.