RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Research shows, however, that audits are often triggered by complaints, which, in turn, most often come from disgruntled employees. Others come from audits of targeted industries. The point is that you cannot assume that you are immune from an I- 9 audit. This webinar will provide pointers to help you minimize your chances of triggering an audit.
Topics covered include, without limitation:
- Up-to-date I-9 compliance requirements
- Basic I-9 document review
- Recognize the effect of the most current Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel;
- What to do now that the current I-9 is about to expire
- Understand the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment eligibility
- E-Verify – pros and cons
- Understand the impact the most current Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify
- Conducting a self-audit of your I-9 process
- How to avoid common errors and omissions including recordkeeping errors
- Update on upcoming ICE I-9 audits
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Understanding civil and criminal penalties
- Walking the fine line between vigilance and illegal overstep when seeking proof of citizenship;
- Remote verification;
- Establish best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the most current Form I-9
Why You Should Attend:
Immigration laws and Form I-9 requirements have not been on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Correctly completing a Form I-9, that seemingly simple form involves sifting through gray areas and often conflicting instructions that can prove to be a trap for the unwary, and often most well-intentioned employers. Even seemingly minor “paperwork” violations can land employers in hot water for non-compliance.
Attending this webinar will help you understand how to correctly fill out the I-9, and if you have made any mistakes up until now, how to correct them. You will also learn of new developments and some best practices, which should save your company from steep penalties arising out of avoidable violations.
Who Should Attend:
- HR Directors
- HR Managers
- VPs of HR
- Chief HR Officers
- Office managers
- Senior Managers
- Business Owners
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Janette Levey Frisch, the founder of The Emplawyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years of legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices and wellness plans tailored to address an organization’s needs and concerns.