RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
This webinar covers the complete context of payroll rules and administration made simple. It starts with the basic classification of workers properly classified as Contractors or Workers. Rules for Payment and administration of Contractors are outlined. Rules for workers classified as “Exempt” or “Non-exempt” based on FLSA. Rules for payments to exempt and non-exempt employees are examined. Overtime rules are outlined for non-exempt employees in addition to record keeping & reporting for all employees.
Webinar stresses that payroll administration is only accepted if perfect. Achieving perfection in payroll processing is the overall theme of this webinar. Special attention is paid to the understanding & implementation of the Dept of Labor’s new proposed overtime rules. New Rules will require a complete review of all jobs & descriptions, policies, procedures and handbooks. More employees will be eligible for overtime causing an increase in administration and costs. This major implementation will also have a cultural impact as employees must be moved to different classifications for compliance.
- Proper classification of workers as contractors or employees
- Proper classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt under new rules
- Importance of job description in implementation of new rules
- Proper implementation of FLSA rules
- Proper payment of exempt and non-exempt under FLSA rules
- Achieving perfection and prevention consistent with the implementation of FLSA rules
- The overall goal of perfection and prevention in payroll administration
- Identifying workers as contractors vs. employees
- Identifying employees as exempt from overtime using FLSA rules in the categories of
- Computer professionals
- Outside Sales Professionals
- Salary and duties test under FLSA for exempt employees
- The value of the job description and its proper preparation
- Consideration of record-keeping, accounting & reporting, policies & procedures
- Proper payment to newly classified exempt and those that by default fall into the non-exempt category
- How to handle non-discretionary bonuses consistent with paying overtime and the new overtime rules
- Achieving perfection & prevention in payroll consistent with new rules
- What New Overtime Rules are being proposed
- Possible reclassification of employees from exempt to non-exempt based on the salary threshold
- Companies must understand and implement these new rules
- A six-step review & implementation of these new rules
- Specific review, understanding & implementation of the Dept of Labor’s new proposed overtime rules are covered to provide a perfect path to compliance
Why You Should Attend:
Payroll is the most important aspect of any business. It leads to employee morale. It must be perfect and comply with all the rules. This webinar examines all the payroll rules of the FLSA and how to implement them to achieve perfection. It is a simple approach to payroll rules and administration and is guaranteed to give attendees a good working knowledge of payroll rules & administration in simple to understand and apply tools & techniques.
Who Should Attend:
- HR Personnel
- Payroll Personnel
- Planning & Budgeting Professionals
- All positions involved in personnel or payroll administration and the supervision of personnel
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high-growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management.