RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
More companies are now expanding their recruitment worldwide to find the best talent. It is becoming more and more critical for payroll professionals to understand non-immigrant concerns and how it affects how we pay employees from taxes that need to accounted for in the US and in foreign countries.
As a payroll professional, when your HR department informed you that they hired a new associate with an H-1B visa, your response probably was ok so what does that mean?
- Detailed discussion on why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status.
- Understanding the visa process from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
- Understanding taxation concerns for non-immigrant workers.
- Discussions on what is an I-94 card and how to review them.
- Details of different types of work visas’ such as L-1,E,O,H-1,TN/NAFTA
- Details of different types of student visas’ such as F-1 & J-1
- Tax Equalization and Tax Protection Plans
- Having a solid Hypothetical tax plan
- Understanding international visas’
- Understanding IRS Taxation rules for Non-Resident aliens
- How does tax treaties and totalization agreements affect your payroll process?
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- HR Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.