RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Form W-2 is one of the most important documents that payroll departments must process. This webinar covers the IRS Form W-2 for 2022. We examine the requirements for completing and filing the form including a box-by-box explanation. The new lower thresholds for mandatory electronic filing will be reviewed. Best practices for completing and reconciling the form and handling duplicate requests from employees are also covered. When to use the correction Form W-2c is also discussed.
For the attendee to learn and understand the 2022 requirements for the Form W-2 including:
- Changes to the Form W-2 for 2022
- NEW! Lower electronic filing thresholds for 2022
- Line-by-line completion of Form W-2
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941-best practices on when and why it must be done
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees—what is required to set up the program
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- Penalties for incorrect information have doubled and how that makes it imperative to verify employee names and social security numbers with the SSA database
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www payroll advisor com offers a payroll news service that keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.