RECORDING TRAINING COURSE
Handling and processing employee expense reimbursements can be challenging enough, but making sure that the expense program complies with IRS rules to ensure that the plan remains a nontaxable event can be overwhelming.
This webinar will give you the tools needed to be an expert at ensuring that your expense plan is considered an accountable plan and help you avoid the common mistakes made that can make employers have to withhold taxes on such reimbursements. We will also review special concerns such as electronic methods, frequent flyer miles, and spousal travel concerns. A brief discussion on per diem will be discussed as well.
- Expense requirements
- Accountable plan vs. Non-accountable plans
- Accountable plan rules – how they apply to employee travel and expense reimbursements
- How employee business expenses made under accountable plans can be excluded from an employee’s gross income
- Daily transit expenses
- Web based expense plans
- Per diem plans and IRS-approved methods
- Best practices
- Taxation concerns
- How employee expense reimbursements should be run through payroll or accounts payable
- The accounting issues associated with the use of per diems
- Special expense concerns such as spouse travel & frequent flyer miles
- IRS expense reimbursement requirements
Why You Should Attend:
- This training will give best practices on how to handle employee expense reimbursements.
- Discuss and review the different IRS-approved methods from Per Diem to Accountable and Non-accountable plans.
- Discuss details of electronic-based reimbursement programs and the requirements the IRS has for them.
- Review of special travel situations such as spousal travel & frequent flyer miles
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Professionals
- Human Resources
- Accounting Personnel
- Employee Benefit Professionals
- Attorneys who are Dealing with Payroll Process
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.